Monday, January 18, 2010

Teaching Paradigm

Today was a MLK holiday and I was sitting in my office trying to understand some new research finding I had stumbled upon last Friday. I would like to state that just last week I saw some new result I was then not sure if the data obtained by me had supporting science. I am in the process on looking for an understanding of the results, thats what a scientist does. I've had similar 'new-findings' often times where I feel exhilirated, this prmopts me to first make sure that the data is repordiucible and secondly look for a scientific explanation.

On Monday (today) I came back for seeing some more related data and the conclusions that I made onlast Friday did not seem to be 'facts'. Now, its my job to see what is the logical story that binds the results that I get and hopefully present it to the peers through scientific journals. This exercise after all gives me a Ph. D!

This probably means that learning is not a destination but the journey itself. It must be very difficult to 'pass on' the way-to-learn through teaching! Nice finding I must say. I know its not new. I will have to dwell on the teaching paradigm on my other blog, I have experienced a long textual communication often misses its goals.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sairam - way to set the bar. I was just sitting down with my own writer's block and figured I'd check in on my groupmates. The page looks great. This post mostly makes me want to know what it was you're testing and what you found. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete